Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I want to use almond oil as a moisturizer, but I want it to smell good. Can I add essential oils? How much?

What is the ratio that I should use between almond oil and essential oil to get the right scent strength?I want to use almond oil as a moisturizer, but I want it to smell good. Can I add essential oils? How much?
using essential oils directly can be tricky.


try looking for a product with almond oil mixed with some essential oil.I want to use almond oil as a moisturizer, but I want it to smell good. Can I add essential oils? How much?
Yep, the ratio is about 30ml or two tablespoons per 5-6 drops of essential oils. That should last you about a week. It is really oily though so only use if you have normal to dry skin. I suggest to combat acne, 2 drops of lavender, 2 drops orange and 1 drop of rosemary. Have fun with the experimenting
i would suggest not to use oils at all becuase my skin stings with oils. stcik with lotion
Just add a couple drops at a time till you get it the way you want. You can also buy oils pre-scented, as those sold here at www.aromaland.com, among other places. Feel free to shop around.
It depends on the essential oil.





Be careful with rosemary - it is clinically proven to kill bacteria associated with acne (but so is plain soap), but can really irritate people with sensitive skin.





I use about 50 drops to 4 oz of oil or oil blends.





Try the almond oil on your skin alone first. A lot of people are sensitive to nut oils - I don't use nut oils in my products. I stick to seed oils which are tolerated by almost everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment