Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Can anyone recommend an essential oil for psoriasis?

I have this now and it's getting worse. I tried most things available including olive oil in the bathCan anyone recommend an essential oil for psoriasis?
Hi, I have psoriasis nearly 15 years now, and so sick of it... Most of the time I do nothing about it. But when I do get a boost of energy to try and deal with it, I use Argan oil.


I have it on my hands, knees, legs, arms, and ears (but not face chest and back thankfully), so it's pretty extensive.


Anyway, please trust me I'm not a charlatan trying to sell you something, I'm a genuine psoriasis sufferer, and that Argan oil is the best thing I've ever tried (and boy did I try a lot of things).


It's an oil extracted from the fruit of the Argan tree, a morrocan tree that's kind of like an almond tree.


The one I buy is a brown, very greasy, and very musky smelling ointment. The smell is really really strong, so I don't really put it on for going to work, but at home.


Since mine is so extensive, it doesn't take it all away, but makes the redness disappear, and smoothes the skin, makes it feel miles better, and actually reduces the size of the plaques !


If you only have a little psoriasis it might actually make it go away.


I get mine on the French ebay, they ship abroad, it's 20 euros for a smallish pot, shipping is a bit slow because they use the cheapest option. It's really worthwhile though.


I'm giving you the link to the brand that I get, she doesn't seem to have them listed on ebay right now, so that's the shop (that I just discovered myself !). They speak English, so you can email in English.





http://lemondedevalerie.fr/Huiles_dargan鈥?/a>





but there are others on ebay, and they're probably just as good, just watch the argan content, you probably want a good concentration for it to be effective.


Hope that helps, try and get it before it spreads !Can anyone recommend an essential oil for psoriasis?
Have you tried E45 cream? I also have psoriasis, and about 15 minutes ago, noticed that I had quite a large patch of scales on my elbows. I rubbed in some E45 cream, and about 5 minutes later, most of it was gone. Whenever I use it, it clears up completely by the end of the day.





Just to warn you, my psoriasis is quite mild, so if yours is worse, you may not get results quite so quickly.
Tea tree oil kills fungus and bacteria and helps skin heal.
im sorry that you have it =[

1 comment:

  1. I agree 100% regarding Argan Oil. We sell 100% pure, natural and organic Argan Oil in the US. Argan has proven to contain higher concentrations of Vitamin E than any other available oils. Lightly applied it has proven to lessen the affects of psoriasis without having any adverse reaction. Always verify if you are susceptable to nut allergies before application. For further information, visit www.zakiasmorocco.com or our blog: www.zakiasmorocco.wordpress.com. Our blog attempts to provide extensive information regarding Argan Oil as well as referring others to other interesting sites/ articles. Ralph

    ReplyDelete