Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How do I go about marketing a perfume/essential oil blend that actually attracts men and women ?

It's 100% organic.I buy the ingredients from a major wholesaler with an impecable reputation for quality oils.The reaction I've gotten is amazing. I've sold quite a few bottles on my own but not enough to make a living. It actually attracts men without the use of pheromones.When it worked for me, I sent out some average looking women to clubs wearing it and the results were astounding. My fear is that my ';Enchantment Oil'; will be stolen by a big company and reproduced without me seeing a dime.I've sold it thru a couple of ';New Age'; type shops...but they don't really push it.I'm bringing a bunch of samples to a get together for mother's and grandmothers whose single daughters can't attract a husband/ boyfriend, later this month...kind of like a ';Matchmaker in a bottle';. Any thoughts out there?How do I go about marketing a perfume/essential oil blend that actually attracts men and women ?
It is advisable to employ a professional to market the product for you. But if this is not the way you want to go, I suggest doing anything you can to create a 'buzz' for your product buy selling it anyway you can! First of all you need a good name for your product and attractive packaging. I wouldn't recommend going the 'new age' route. In order to maximise your product potential, it needs to be more mainstream and modern. For a start, if you were to stick to the name, I would cut out the 'oil' and just call it 'Enchantment'. Although you could come up with a less 'romantic' name and a more exciting one!Create a website and set yourself up at conventions, such as the 'beauty and body show'. These kinds of shows help you to present and sell direct to thousands of image %26amp; brand conscious visitors, showcase your products and services, meet clients face-to-face, build client databases and optimise brand awareness. Ann Summers, Victorias Secrets, The Body Shop, Lush, etc. are just a few companies I can think of that might be interested in this kind of product. Oh, and make sure you protect your product's 'secret formula' by drawing up a contract with however might have access to it! By the way, are you selling it on ebay? This is the first place I would start selling while you get things going! I will be looking out for it! Good luckHow do I go about marketing a perfume/essential oil blend that actually attracts men and women ?
I think free samples -- tiny ones -- would be the way to go. If a woman (or a man) wears it and has great luck with the opposite sex, they are probably going to want more. Short of that, I think you are doing the right thing with it. I think the witchy/new age market is where you need to concentrate. It will take time for people to realize that it really does work, but once it happens, you will be sitting on a gold mine.





Good luck!
Contact a marketing firm but be sure that you have the capability to produce the product in mass quantity should it take off. Of course make sure that you have really good labeling and packaging as well. Try to secure some upfront capital to expand your production capability. The name of the product will be extremely important. Something like ';Allure'; Good Luck!
  • tvs
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment