Saturday, December 26, 2009

Has anyone ever used Gentle Baby Essential Oil to help with labor?

I've heard this could help with dilation. has anyone ever used it?Has anyone ever used Gentle Baby Essential Oil to help with labor?
No but my midwife used and recommends olive oil!


It helps - ish.Has anyone ever used Gentle Baby Essential Oil to help with labor?
No. Dilation? Like shoving it up your vagina? Ick. Nope.





My cousin who has had 5 kids without epidurals swears that rubbing essential oil on the outside of the vagina and perineum help with stretching and prevents an episiotomy, but I have never heard of it being used inside.
YES, I used it with all 3 of my kids and I still use it on them when they are sick. I rub it on their feet and it helps calm them and they rest a lot better. It don't hurt you it is a all natural oil. I say go for it! and good luck and congrats.
I wouldn't. Don't try to force yourself to dilate- your body will do what it needs to when it's ready. If you make yourself dilate before you're ready, you're going to end up having to be induced, which can be painful and long. Let nature take its course.
i wouldnt do that! lol if your doctor wants you to dilate they will put a gel in to ripen your cervix and get you going but i have never heard of this.
I wouldn't..... I have only heard of oils to help with the stretching of the skin around the vagina.
Nope never used it
  • tvs
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment